Duties & Responsibilities
You will be in charge of:
- Development of user centric gaming products and participate in the development of user experience (UX) research to develop customer focused products
- Develop product architectures and new technology concepts
- Develop mechanism design
- Build proof of concepts including function, manufacturability, and robustness
- Ensure high quality robust design of complex mechanical systems and components using tools such as dFMEA, QFD and FEA simulation
- Analyze data generated from builds and lab experiments
- Work with industrial designers, and product development teams to define and develop products from concept to mass production
- Perform tolerance analyses to verify performance of mechanisms and cosmetic specifications in the presence of high volume dimensional variation
- Detailed 3D design and 2D documentation of all parts and assemblies
Interacting with vendors as well as internal manufacturing, supply chain, NPI and supplier quality engineering groups in the far east to develop manufacturing processes, tooling
- Define reliability testing requirements and equipment
- Drive innovation in gaming technology and products
- Continuous improvement and advancement of engineering capabilities
- Strong knowledge and experience in rapid prototyping, functional lab testing of concepts and analysis of test data
Skills & Qualifications
- Proficient in English
- Abilities in French, German, Italian, Spanish or Mandarin is a plus
- 1-2 years experience in mechanical development of high volume consumer electronic products
- Detailed knowledge of plastics, metal, injection moulding and tooling
- Fluent in design and development process and tools of high volume manufacturing
- Fluent in pro and engineer or similar 3D CAD package including advanced surfacing
- Highly skilled in problem solving
- Design thinking mindset
- Strong communication skills with experience in multicultural and multidisciplinary teams
- Also good at interacting with senior team and management
- Able to speak up and own
- Strong knowledge in ANSYS simulation software
- A passion for PC gaming is a strong advantage
- Photo and video editing will also be an advantage
You can choose to come to our head office in Chiang Mai, Thailand or do remote working. Or a mix of the two.
Between $28400 and $47500 based on the profile
Flexible schedule, but expect 40 hours a week
Once a year there will be a company retreat, most likely on a South East Asian island, all expenses (accommodation, flights, activities, etc.) will be paid for.
1000€ a year in learning and IT stipend
Send us your résumé and letter of motivation.
We accept open applications. All nationalities are welcome.
If none of these job offers fit your skills but you think you have something to contribute, feel free to apply!
Our company’s hiring philosophy is to believe in juniors for what are supposed to be senior positions. The trade off is that we are looking for people who can quickly get up to speed and help the company grow over the long term.