Remote Marketplace Manager
What are your duties and responsibilities?
You will be expected to have (a) a deep understanding of the market (b) comprehensive knowledge of all processes involved and (c) the ability to use your skill set to develop and execute a winning strategy at a product level.
We strongly believe in leaving a lot of autonomy to make decisions whatever the position in the company, this is no exception. Our success is a result of prioritizing our customers’ expectations and maximizing every opportunity that comes our way to stay ahead of competition.
At KLIM, we strongly believe that details are everything. We strongly value operational excellence. In most companies everyone is running around extinguishing fires of their own making and applying superficial band-aids to problems, and they are often celebrated for it.
We strive to work differently, go to the root causes of issues we face and apply long-term solutions.
You will be given ambitious targets and will be expected to be resourceful. We are looking for someone who strives in being accountable, be it in success or failure.
You will be assigned a product portfolio and your responsibilities will include:
- Decide the price and marketing strategy at a product level keeping customer interests in mind.
- Analyse product performance frequently and arrive at logical conclusions.
- Constantly course correct in response to the market. Speed is key.
- Ensure that all products are in compliance with all applicable marketplace regulations
- Coordinate with the production and logistics teams to ensure that sufficient inventories are available to meet sales targets.
- Communicate your decisions clearly to the team.
- Strive to be the most authoritative expert for your portfolio.
To fit this position
- An understanding of ecommerce operations – product pricing, performance, supply chain and advertising.
- Organize, calculate and analyse large volumes of data
- Customer-centric -> you are great at understanding customers’ needs and wants
- Detail oriented -> you should be able to come up with sales strategies based on facts and solid research.
- Strong communication skills
- The best candidate will be insightful, creative and decisive. Emphasis on decisiveness, we want to move fast.
We also invite you to read our Playbook, so that you can make sure your philosophy matches the company’s.
You must be...
- Autonomous, Reliable, Organised, Hardworking, Analytical Skills, Willing to learn + Growth mindset.
- Someone who is both a Doer and a Thinker.
- Related degrees or experiences aren’t required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assessing new marketplaces opportunities
- Opening new marketplaces (from the account set up to the first sale)
- Building a business plan for each marketplace: which products to launch, at which price etc.
- Managing the daily operations for those marketplaces (shipments, daily business decisions…)
- Keeping track of sales and taking business decisions based on those numbers (price or listing adjustments, promotion & deals…)
- Managing Pay per Click (PPC) campaigns in the new marketplaces
- Assisting the Sales & Operations team on a wide variety of subjects (market research, logistics, sales, PPC)