Industrial Design / Product Design Intern
ABOUT KLIM TECHNOLOGIES
KLIM was founded in 2015 from a $521 investment. We sell across multiple categories, with a general focus on customer electronics. Since then we have grown very quickly with a focus on operational excellence, customer-centric product development and exceptional customer service.
The company is 35-people strong, with an office and warehouse in Shenzhen and an otherwise fully distributed team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our goal is to help you grow and develop as an industrial designer while also contributing to the growth of our company.
By joining us as an Industrial/ Product Design Intern you will:
- Conduct market research and ideation to develop new product concepts
- Create visualisations through sketching, rapid prototyping and rendering
- Build 3D models using Solidworks, Fusion360 or Rhino
- Communicate ideas and gather team feedback
- Be involved in key decision making regarding upcoming products, individual features and visual aspects, and the growth of the design department
You will report to the Head of Product Development and join the In-House Product Development Department. You will also work in close collaboration with the Product Managers so that you can successfully contribute to the optimization of sourced products. In addition to having a big impact on the outcome of our new products, the goal is that you can progressively grow your skill, productivity and responsibilities.
- have a bachelor in Industrial Design, Product Design or Engineering
- have a great creative mind that is not afraid to think outside the box
- are passionate about design, style, trends, materials and finishes
- have strong skills in sketching and paper modelling
- are able to work with 3D software such as Solidworks, Fusion360, Rhino and Keyshot
- are able to work with 2D software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign
- are curious & eager to learn
- have a good understanding of manufacturing techniques and product assembly processes
- are able to work collaboratively in a group and have an innate willingness to dig in and contribute with your team.
- are able to work in a fast-paced environment
- are detail oriented combined with perfect time management
- have an appetite for growth
- speak English (speaking Chinese is a big plus)
PROS AND CONS
|Fully remote||You live where you want and create your own schedule||If you are very extroverted and derive your energy from working in physical proximity to others this job is not for you|
|High level of autonomy||You will be given the opportunity to fully use your brain, and be both the architect and the builder||You will largely be left to figure things out for yourself, if you are uncomfortable with ambiguity it may not be for you|
|High expectations||You will be challenged and grow very quickly, it will be stimulating and energizing||If you react badly to pressure it may not be for you|
WHAT DOES THE FULL HIRING PROCESS LOOK LIKE?
We fully believe in transparency. Here is how the hiring process looks, so you know all the details before you apply. We’ll contact you at each step of the process to let you know how it’s going 🙂
- HR interview
- Technical interview + paid test job (yes, it’s a test but it’s still work and should be compensated)
- CEO interview
- Job offer – Welcome to KLIM!
*Note: this process may be slightly varied depending on the position.