What are your duties and responsibilities?
As the Finance Associate, you will be responsible to provide all information to keep the wheels turning. Accurate and timely financial information is key to making the right decisions. We are not just interested in just the gross numbers, but the details. Every link in the chain is important. We like to drill down the numbers to make sure nothing falls through the cracks. Every market & every product is assessed for returns, growth potential & brand visibility.
Although finance is sometimes looked at as a routine job, we want you to be creative. You will be expected to look at the results with a fresh perspective, study different factors and draw meaningful conclusions.
To fit this position
- Fluent in English
- Firm grasp on numbers
- In-depth knowledge of the entire finance function
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or finance
- Use spreadsheets, finance software, Zaps and other tools with ease
- 2-3 years experience in a finance role
- Familiar with e-commerce accounting (not mandatory, preferred)
You must be...
Responsibilities will include:
- Streamline and optimise the existing financial processes
- Ensure that the accounting systems comply with internal policies and legal regulations
- Prepare and publish monthly and annual financial statements
- Work closely with the executive team and contribute to financial strategy decisions
- Negotiate rates for lines of credit, vendors, subscriptions and other financial contracts
- Inspect expense ledgers and find room to reduce costs across the business
- Coordinate with the tax consultants for filing VAT returns, validate their tax computations and provide any additional schedules required
- Coordinate with the auditors and provide the documents required